What to Expect with a Dental Crowns Service
People who live in Thibodaux, Louisiana, know the value of a beautiful smile. After all, our society places high value on how our smiles look. We smile when we’re happy, but our smile is also one of the first things other people notice about us.
Sometimes called “tooth caps” or “dental caps,” dental crowns are perfect for helping you to restore your naturally gorgeous smile.
Why Do People Need Dental Crowns?
There are several situations that may call for dental crowns, and they’re not all cosmetic. While you can use dental crowns for cosmetic purposes, crowns can also be used for other needs.
- Fractures, cracks, or chips in your teeth: Dental crowns can protect the tooth while also restoring the tooth’s natural function and shape.
- Dental implant restorations: Dental crowns are commonly used atop a dental implant.
- Root canal therapy: Generally, after root canal therapy, the dentist will place a dental crown atop the tooth to protect and seal it.
- Multiple restorations on the same tooth: When restorations begin to wear down, one option is to replace them with dental crowns.
- Large fillings: Large fillings can be replaced and topped off with a dental crown.
In addition to these dental needs, dental crowns can be used for cosmetic purposes. For example, if you have oddly shaped or small teeth, dental crowns can give you a better-looking smile that will make you feel more approachable.
What Are Dental Crowns Made From?
If you’ve heard about dental crowns, you may think of porcelain crowns. However, porcelain is just one material that is used to make dental crowns.
Dental crowns can be made with any of these materials.
- Porcelain fused to metal
- All-porcelain crowns
- Zirconia crowns
Your dentist will work closely with you to determine which dental crowns best fit you and your personal needs.
Crown for your Teeth in Thibodaux, Louisiana Do you need dental crowns? Dr. Jared Palmer and the team at Acadia Family Dentistry are here to help you take care of your dental health. Call us at (985) 303-2920 or book an appointment online.
Back to Crowns Page