Rejuvenate Your Smile and Confidence with a Professional Teeth Whitening dentist in Thibodaux
Anyone in Thibodaux will love to have a dazzling white smile. A transformed smile amplifies our confidence and makes us appear more attractive. If you have stained teeth, it triggers a sense of insecurity about smiling or showing them off. Do you want to make your dream smile become a reality? Contact our dentist at Acadia Family Dentistry in Thibodaux for dental teeth whitening solutions to avoid aesthetic imperfections such as discolored teeth compromising your smile.
The many different teeth whitening options bring confusion to patients in choosing the best. At Acadia Family Dentistry, under Dr. Jared Palmer’s guidance, we will provide the best teeth whitening options to get your desired results. Dr. Palmer will first educate you on these available options to choose the best that will suit your needs. At Acadia Family Dentistry, we maintain that in-office treatment and professional take-home trays as the most effective ways of teeth whitening. Dr. Jared Palmer believes that to get the best results and complication-free teeth whitening, you have to seek the services of a professional.
What are dental teeth whitening?
It’s a perfect method of lightening the natural color of your teeth without interfering with the teeth’ surface. It’s a popular cosmetic dentistry treatment plan to rejuvenate your smile. Teeth whitening can be a remedy for the following tooth imperfections in patients.
- Discoloration arising from old age
- Stained teeth resulting from dark foods or liquids
- Yellowing of teeth after periodontal work
- Other forms of teeth discoloration and mismatch
Types of Dental Teeth Whitening Procedure
Dr. Jared Palmer provides a combination of professional-take-home trays and in-office treatments. He partners with you during and after the treatment plan, addressing any queries you may have along the way. He monitors your treatment process and adjusts where necessary for the desired results.
Professional take-home whitening trays
- Before commencing the process, the patient needs to thoroughly clean and floss the teeth so that the bleaching agent can penetrate easily for even whitening.
- Insert the gel into the tray as instructed by Dr. Palmer to prevent the solution from spilling out onto the gums.
- Wear the trays firmly against the teeth, triggering the gel to contact with saliva and begin to foam. If there is any solution seepage from the tray, you can use a cloth to wipe it to avoid gum irritation.
- Wear the trays for the directed time limit.
- After the time limit, the patient must remove the tray and rinse the teeth immediately. You can use a toothbrush to remove the remaining gel.
- Lastly, the patient needs to store the tray and the remaining gel for subsequent use.
This procedure can be performed in a dentist’s office in an hour. It involves applying a tooth whitening gel containing a relatively high concentration of peroxide gel and then projecting a unique light at your teeth for three to twenty-minute intervals with multiple reapplications of the gel between intervals.
Some dentists may use a laser that speeds up or accelerates the whitening procedure. A protective barrier is used to cushion your lips, gums, and tongue during the whitening process, ensuring the gel stays in its rightful space.
The dentist will give you customized whitening trays as follow-up whitening at home to maintain the results.
Benefits of Dental Teeth Whitening
- It enhances self-esteem by giving a brighter smile
- Professional guided teeth whitening is a safer and comfortable treatment
- Whitening of your teeth gets rid of the stains, leaving your teeth healthier and stronger
Are you tired of stained and discolored teeth? At Acadia Family Dentistry in Thibodaux, we believe your teeth deserve the best care possible for your overall health and happiness. Please call (985) 303-2920 to schedule an appointment for dental teeth whitening.
Back to Teeth Whitening Page