Digital X-rays: Contemporary care for Thibodaux LA dental patients
At Acadia Family Dentistry in Thibodaux LA, Dr. Jared Palmer takes her role in delivering quality dental care very seriously. The treatment or restoration you ultimately receive is only part of that commitment. A successful outcome requires accurate diagnostics and careful planning on the front end. Digital dental X-rays play a big role in making sure you are satisfied with your overall experience.
Types of dental X-rays
In 1895, a German professor named Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen accidentally discovered X-rays while working with a cathode-ray tube in his lab. It did not take long for industry, medicine, and dentistry to embrace this Nobel Prize winning technology.
X-rays employ electromagnetic radiation to generate images of structures and tissues inside the body. Traditional dental X-rays used photographic film as the detector.
Dental radiography has come a long way. Today, dental imaging can be performed with the advanced dental diagnostic capability of digital X-rays, using a digital sensor rather than film to produce images. You might compare the difference to a 35mm camera vs. the way your smartphone takes photos.
Why patients in Thibodaux, LA love digital dental X-rays
Whether you are scheduled for a full mouth X-ray, 3d mouth X-ray or a single tooth X-ray, you will experience these benefits of digital technology:
- Quick process – It takes only a few seconds for the dental team to capture necessary images.
- Comfortable – The sensor is just a small plastic square you hold in the mouth.
- Very safe – With digital X-rays, you are exposed to only a fraction of the radiation produced by conventional imaging.
- High quality images – The digital process creates clear, high-resolution pictures, reducing need for re-takes and helping the doctor avoid guesswork.
- Instant results – Images are available immediately. They are viewed on a computer monitor, helping you understand what the dentist sees and the treatment recommended.
- Portability – Digital X-rays are saved as a computer file and can be enhanced if necessary. With proper precautions to protect your privacy, they are easily sent to other members of your healthcare team or to your insurance company to support claim payment.
- Environmentally friendly – No hazardous chemicals are involved (as there are when developing film X-rays).
Acadia Family Dentistry welcomes new patients from the areas of Thibodaux LA and nearby communities of Houma, Chackbay, Labadieville, Schriever, Raceland and Gray. Call (985) 303-2920 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Jared Palmer.